The measure of all things: the best possible fitting for your patients
The welfare of your patients is the focus of your work. However, you don’t always have the resources to fulfil every wish efficiently. This is where Ottobock Service Fabrication comes in as your competent service provider.
More fitting options – better fitting quality
Our specialists are your expert outsourcing team for challenging production tasks and serve as an “extended workbench” for you. Without having to invest in expensive machinery and special tools, you can, for example, offer modern fittings including SiOCX socket solutions made of carbon prepreg and HTV silicone or silicone prostheses for the lower and upper limbs. You can also save time, for example by scanning the patient’s limbs, digitally modifying the images and outsourcing production to us.
Please see below for our complete service portfolio.
You set the direction for our fabrication
You set the direction for our fabrication process. Because we fabricate the desired product exactly according to your specifications and requirements – after all, nobody knows your users as well as you do. Together with your user, you determine the degree of customisation of, for example, silicone partial hand prostheses, prosthesis covers and silicone liners.
Another advantage for you: Contract work means faster delivery times and defined deadlines. This gives you a high level of planning security. Outsourcing production also frees up your time so you can personally support your patients or gain new customers.
Our knowledge is your advantage
You process the entire order together with your user. This makes it evident to your user that you are a health professional with in-depth technical expertise, which leaves a positive impression.
And we’re evolving all the time to ensure this doesn’t change: We test new materials and invest in both cutting-edge technology and the technical expertise of our employees, as well as continually optimising the efficiency of our workflow. With one objective: improved performance for you and your patients.
Service Fabrication overview
Ottobock Service Fabrication manufactures the following products for you – precisely and in accordance with your individual specifications. We work continuously to expand our product portfolio. If you require a solution that isn’t listed here, please talk to us: we are happy to advise you personally.
This is a selection of the services we offer. A complete overview of services can be found in our download centre.
Prosthetics – upper limbs
- SiOCX TR sockets
- SiOCX TH sockets
- TR check sockets
- Custom silicone finger and partial hand prostheses
- Custom silicone covers for arm prostheses
- Custom TR and TH silicone liners
Prosthetics – lower limbs
- SiOCX TF sockets
- TT Design check sockets
- TF Design check sockets
- Custom silicone forefoot prostheses
- Custom silicone covers for leg prostheses
- Custom liners made of polyurethane, silicone and silicone gel
- Copying prosthetic sockets in wood
- SuperSkin coating
- 3D-Design – TT and TF check sockets and positive moulds based on digitally modified 3D scans (CAD CAM)
- Definitive sockets
- FreeWalk orthoses
- Orthoses made using the Malmö technique
- Aqualine orthoses
- C-Brace® orthotronic mobility system
- SAFO – silicone ankle foot orthoses
- Custom silicone wrist orthoses
- 3D-Design – torso and AFO rigid foam models based on digitally modified 3D scans (CAD CAM)
- Seating solutions
With Ottobock Service Fabrication, you benefit ...
- from the highly individual custom fabrication of top-quality products.
- from short delivery times and defined due dates. In short: from high planning reliability.
- by avoiding high investment costs: you can offer your patients complex fittings – without purchasing expensive machines and specialised tools.
- from leaving a positive impression with your patients: you process the complete order by utilising our knowledge, presenting yourself as a health professional with in-depth technical expertise.
- from consistent further development: we test new materials and invest in both cutting-edge technology and the technical expertise of our employees, as well as continually optimising the efficiency of our workflow. With one objective: improved performance for you and your patients.
In many cases, a few pieces of information are all we require for fabrication according to your specifications. We also provide you with straightforward, intelligent ordering systems to ensure the effective exchange of information and data.
The more complex and individual the product being fabricated, the more information we require. Our contacts in Service Fabrication will be happy to help you.
Below is a sample ordering process for a custom silicone partial hand prosthesis.
1. You as the O&P professional are responsible for shaping, colouration and ordering the prosthesis:
Shaping includes measuring the patient’s residual limb, filling out the measurement form, taking informative photos of the left and right hand and preparing an Impresil negative of the affected and contralateral sides.