28F10 heel relief orthosis
Allowing wearers who have suffered a calcaneal fracture to walk again as quickly as possible – that is the goal of the heel relief orthosis.
- The orthosis relieves the calcaneus by bracing the longitudinal arch and supporting the calf (“floating heel”).
- Even in cases of bilateral calcaneal fractures, patients can walk nearly normally soon after the accident or surgery.
- The neuromuscular structures and the calcareous salt content of the bone are influenced in a positive manner. This prevents damage due to immobilisation.
- The muscle pump acts as a thrombosis prophylaxis. Thanks to additional compression pads, the load can be increased gradually.
- Treatment time and costs may be lowered. This was demonstrated in a study by the Wuppertal construction employers’ liability insurance association.
Click on the red 'Hot spots' in the image for more information on this detail.
The step rubber dampens the heel strike.
The structure of the forefoot cap is similar to that of a shoe. A virtually physiological gait pattern is possible thanks to the flexible sole in the forefoot region.
The heel container, which is thermoformable, can be customised to the patient’s calf.
|Indications||Calcaneal fractures, unilateral and bilateral,
Lower ankle arthrodesis
|How it works||Relieves the calcaneus,
Promotes early mobilisation,
Prevents muscular atrophy
|Features & benefits||Ready-to-fit component kit:
All components are easy to assemble,
Compression pads can be individually inserted:
Incremental load increase optimises healing
Order no.: Article number=shoe size | Example for ordering: 28F10N=M